To apply, please see information at the bottom of the job description. Thank you!
DEVELOPMENT AND MARKETING ASSOCIATE
Reports to: Director of Development / Director of Marketing and Communications
The Development and Marketing Associate provides vital organizational support to earned and contributed revenue generating functions within Austin Lyric Opera and serves a liaison between the ALO staff and the Board of Trustees.
• Prepare grant applications and sponsorship materials for existing and prospective funders.
• Research prospective foundation, corporate and public funding opportunities.
• Manage timely follow up on all outstanding pledges, proposals and reports.
• Maintain calendar of grant deadlines and reporting deadlines.
• Submit development reports to staff and committees as needed.
• Support development staff and General Director’s relationships with grant making organizations, handling correspondence and scheduling /attending meetings as needed.
• Ensure proper recognition and benefits are provided for institutional funders.
• Assist in preparation of Annual Fund mailings and other communications, working with outside consultants as needed.
• Assist where needed at development and other company events.
• Assist Director of Marketing and Communications with booking and tracking of advertising as needed, including maintaining real-time budgetary tracking spreadsheets.
• Work with marketing and other staff to develop and maintain sales data and analysis tools.
• Create event listings in online listings, community calendars, etc.
• Provide support to outside and internal parties as needed for the successful execution of audience development/donor events.
Board of Trustees Responsibilities
• Schedule and facilitate meetings of the Board of Trustees and its committees.
• Act as liaison between Board members and ALO staff.
• Maintain Board of Trustee database.
• Take minutes Board and committee meetings.
• Strong communication skills (verbal, written, interpersonal).
• Strong organizational skills, including ability to negotiate among multiple projects effectively.
• Strong sense of urgency and ownership.
• Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a related field.
• 2 years of experience working in a non-profit environment, preferably in the performing arts.
• Experience in writing grants for non-profit organizations.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
• Ability to work nights and weekends during opera events as needed.
• Knowledge of opera strongly preferred.
TO APPLY: Please send cover letter, resume, and a list of references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For inquiries about the chorus, please visit ALOcoro.org